Course Terms and Conditions
At Pro-Dive Central Coast we strive to be open and fair in all our dealings with our clients, We also realise sometimes, something may arise that causes you to cancel or transfer your chosen course date, we will work with you, to simplify a solution.
Course Gift vouchers do have certain time constraints, failure to fulfil a voucher within time and date, is not reason for refund.
Please do not leave this discussion till the last moment, as we do, enforce our cancellation and transfer policy.
All courses must be completed within 6 months from the date of commencement.
There are no refunds after 12 months, whether the booked course or course date has begun or not.
To take advantage of advertised discount structures, you should;
- Book at least two weeks in advance
- Pay in full, at time of booking
- Complete the online learning, before any dive training takes place
- Answer the required Knowledge reviews
- Complete the final exam, before any in water training commences
- The online knowledge reviews are to be completed by the first day of your course.
Not completing the knowledge reviews will result in you not being able to continue and will also require you to be placed on another course date, resulting in a $100 transfer fee.
- A medical questionnaire (RSTC) must be completed at least ten days prior to commencement date to determine should, a full Dive Medical be required.
- These offers must be booked directly through PRODIVE Central Coast.
- All participants MUST book and pay together for the SAME SCHEDULED course dates to qualify.
- Additional or retraining requirements are $100 per dive session
- Dates outside of schedule can be arranged for additional $100 per dive session per person.
Diving stamina- Standards stipulate that all course participants must be able to swim 200 metres continuously and without aids, plus tread water or drown-proof float without aids, for 10 minutes.
Important info all courses
The following are inclusive of your course
- Use of all your scuba equipment, unless stated otherwise
- Online or Instructor led teaching presentations
- Pool entry fees
- International certification
- Boat dives, if applicable
The following items are NOT included in your course
- Your own personal snorkelling gear
- Mask, snorkel, fins and boots.
WH&S recommend that each participant uses their own personal items, to reduce the possibility of disease transmission
- Transport to and from pool or dive site
- Meals, drinks, food etc.
- Accommodation unless specified
- Current completed, physician signed dive medical or accepted signed WRSTC form
- Ability to swim 200 metres non stop
- Drown proof float 10 minutes,
- Independent study completed prior to course commencement
- Passing final instore quiz, before certification
Snorkelling packages are available for purchase, at course discount rates.
Recommended but not included
- Safety sausage, marker buoy and dive whistle may be vital in relocating you at sea, if currents have caused you to drift away from the dive site
- Dive knife will allow cutting away from underwater entanglements
- Dive gloves protect you from cuts and scrapes which may infect easily
Discounted Group Deals
Groupon, Scoopon, Our Deal etc. have their own Cancellation and Expiry conditions that are extra to the conditions displayed here. Please make yourself aware of these extra conditions.
Refunds with these companies is at their discretion and advertised upon their relevant websites.
- More than 14 days notice $100
- Less than 7 days notice Full course fee is forfeited.
There is no refund whatsoever, as the opportunity to resell your place is lost
- In the case of a failed Dive Medical, there will be no refund within 7 days of the course beginning
- If you do not present yourself on the day of the program, there is no refund.
- Online e-Learning purchases are non-refundable and are not redeemable for cash
- Once an online eLearning program is redeemed by a recipient (the online Learning program commenced), it is non-transferable
- This access pass should be protected and treated as cash
- eLearning program access will expire six months from the date of issuance
Transfer of start dates
- More than 7 days notice $50
- Less than 7 days notice $100
Once you have booked and started a course or program and, you are unable to complete the course for any reason, there is no refund on any portion of the program. If you would like to cancel your booking or transfer starting dates, a $100 fee applies.
Non completion of required dive medicals or independent study by day one, will result in cancellation of your booking and you will be transferred to later date. This will incur a late transfer fee of $100.
Pro-Dive are up front about our booking conditions. We reserve space on a course, book instructors, boats, pools. These take time and when a program is scheduled, Pro-Dive will still run the course, even if only one person, is in attendance.
For this reason, we set course numbers at realistic levels and prices- When someone cancels at the last moment, we will still run the program, so as not to inconvenience or disappoint others.
Booking/Cancellation Terms and Conditions
All customers of PRODIVE participating in diving-based activities must read this form. Acknowledgement represents confirmation of booking, acceptance of terms and conditions and when booking online, also represents confirmation of booking and acceptance of terms and conditions.
The payment for any booking is deemed to be acceptance of these terms and conditions.
Failure to read them, is insufficient cause for complaint.
For all event cancellations there is a minimum $50 administration fee.
You have to complete the course on the dates stated on the schedule, pre-booking parts of the course or program is not possible.
If you are late on any of the course days, you will not be allowed to join the group for the remainder of the course or program.
If you can complete only a portion of a course, the remainder of the program will become subject to availability.
Should you not complete your course for any reason, you also become subject to availability. You wil have to wait until there is a space opening for you, or if you'd like to book a new date to finish the course or program, a $100 transfer fee applies.
Where cancellation notification is received LESS THAN 7 days prior to the booked event, bookings are non-refundable.
Refunds will not be given for;
- Failure to show up for course at agreed time and place
- Change of mind
- Ended relationship with person and want refund
- Asked for a service to be done in a certain way, that goes against the advice of the business
- Were unclear about what you wanted
- Non completion of course, that is outside of the business’s control
- Realised course was "Not for you"
- Reasons as mentioned
You are able to change your event start date, free of charge where a minimum of 14 days notification is given prior to booked event, however for all booking changes made within 14 days of the booked event there will be a $100 charge per person (unless medical notification is received).
Once you have started your course, if you choose to complete your training on different dates to your event schedules, or require additional make-up dives to complete your diver training, a $100 fee will apply per change and will also be subject to availability and course numbers.
Where PRODIVE Central Coast cancels an event, a full refund or alternative dates will be offered, however no refunds or credits will be due where customers fail to arrive by the published start/departure times for their courses or trips.
For divers or courses requiring a dive medical- it is a requirement that the medical is completed AT LEAST 10 days prior to course commencement, for your own peace of mind, as well.
Where a customer fails a dive medical AT LEAST 10 days prior to course commencement (and notifies us thereof) there will be a full refund of course fees upon return of all texts and course materials in original condition.
For course cancellations due to medical grounds WITHIN 10 days there will be a $65 administration fee and the remaining fees will be refunded upon return of all texts and course materials in original condition.
Where course materials have been defaced, damaged or lost they will be charged at the standard SSI retail prices, as per the current SSI price list.